Love Science? Love Festivals? Apply now to be part of Australia’s biggest science festival!
The World Science Festival Brisbane (WSFB) is back from 9-13 March 2022 with interactive art and science installations, engaging conversations with leading scientists and experts, and a curated program of free and ticketed events. WSFB needs amazing volunteers to help deliver Australia’s leading science event. It’s an excellent opportunity to learn new things, meet new people and share your knowledge and passion for science.
In addition to the main program, 2022 will see Curiocity Brisbane feature as part of WSFB with temporary outdoor creative installations inspired by the intersection of science and art. Additional volunteer opportunities are available for this extended program from 9-20 March.
Volunteers are integral to the success of WSFB and making sure our patrons have a great experience. Our volunteer role is mainly customer service focused and may also involve some event support.
As a volunteer you will:
- Welcome patrons, give information and help with navigation around the festival site.
- Work on events assisting activity providers, managing queues, or ushering patrons to their seats.
- Help out behind the scenes: assisting event staff, setting up, packing down and tidying between activity sessions/events.
We are looking for people who are:
- Comfortable communicating and working with people of all backgrounds and ages.
- Passionate about learning and sharing knowledge. A background in science is an asset, but not necessary.
- Reliable, flexible and enthusiastic.
- 16 years or older.
If you want to be part of something special apply now to join us as a volunteer!
We are operating in line with Queensland Government health measures where only fully vaccinated visitors (16 years and older) can attend Government-owned museums, indoor entertainment venues, and festivals from 17 December 2021.
This is an important step in reducing COVID-19 transmission and providing protection for our community.
As a Volunteer you will need to:
- Provide proof of vaccination (or medical exemption).
- Check in at festival venues using the Check In Qld app and have your vaccination certificate linked in the app.
- If you have a certified medical exemption for the vaccination this can be also added in the app, or you can bring a printed copy along as evidence for entry.
- If you don’t have a phone you can also use a printed copy of your COVID-19 digital vaccination certificate, your immunisation history statement, or your international COVID-19 vaccination certificate.
- Detailed instructions on how to link your certificate is available
- Don’t forgot to update the app before you add your certificate.