The World Science Festival Brisbane is seeking applications from activity providers and artists to be part of Street Science! Brisbane and Regional Queensland.
If you are an individual or organisation offering science-focused hands-on family-friendly activities, please join us for a fantastic celebration of Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Maths.
In 2019, more than 95,000 visitors participated in Street Science! and more than 200,000 people visited the World Science Festival Brisbane. We invite you to be part of our biggest year yet!
After four successful editions at the Southbank Cultural Forecourt, Street Science! will undertake exciting improvements in 2020.
- Move Street Science! stalls to Southbank Cultural Precinct to allow for a more bespoke experience for our patrons
- Increase operating hours from 2 days to 4 to allow more schools to attend
- Activate more evening programming to entice new audiences
- Ensure that that STEM becomes STEAM, thanks to an increased arts programming.
Brisbane Street Science!
From the 26th to the 29th March 2020, the World Science Festival Brisbane and Street Science! will transform Brisbane into a Worldwide Science Capital City. In 2020 Street Science! will take over the Southbank Cultural Precinct. In order to accommodate more school attendees and due to increasing demand, Street Science! 2020 will be open on Thursday to Sunday.
Activity Providers will have the choice to apply either for the classical Street Science program (Saturday and Sunday) or the enhanced 4-day schools Street Science! program (Thursday to Friday). We also want to hear from activity providers interested in running activities extended into the night.
Regional Street Science!
Regional Street Science! also returns in 2020, with a program spread out through the year.
- Chinchilla, Chinchilla Cultural Centre: 28 – 29 February 2020
- Gladstone, Gladstone Entertainment Convention Centre: 20 – 21 March 2020
- Toowoomba, Cobb+Co Museum: 19th April 2020
- Townsville, Museum of Tropical Queensland: 15 – 16 March 2020
- Ipswich, The Workshops Rail Museum: 27 – 28 November 2020
How to register your interest
We invite you to register your interest in participating in the 2020 Festival by completing the online registrations below:
For any more details, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Sunday, 17 November 2019. All applicants will be notified by email as to the outcome of their application by Friday, 15 December 2019.