The Festival’s ever-popular Cool Jobs is back and brings you face-to-face with amazing scientists doing amazing jobs. Learn what it takes to do some of the coolest jobs on earth and how these people inspire the world to learn and get excited about science.
Joining us for 2017 will be:
- Biomedical Illustrator Madeleine Kersting Flynn who illustrates complex biomedical processes at the world-leading medical research institute QIMR Berghofer
- Queensland Museum’s Marine Biologist Dr Tom Bridge who maps the spectacular Great Barrier Reef’s ocean floor using brand new 3D imaging technology
- Director of the Australia Zoo Wildlife Hospital Dr Rosemary Booth, whose work on ground breaking koala research is helping save our precious koala population
- Vanessa Peterson, Principal Research and Neutron Scattering Instrument Scientist at ANSTO who researches how materials work at the atomic scale and uses this information to improve important technologies and discover new materials
- Andrew Thomas, an Australian-born NASA astronaut and the first Australian to fly in space
- Jon Clarke a field geologist who is currently developing exploration strategies for human missions to Mars, researching terrestrial analogues of Martian landscapes.
SOLD OUT: 9:30am participants: Madeleine Kersting Flynn, Dr Tom Bridge, Dr Rosemary Booth and Dr Andrew Thomas.
1:30pm participants: Madeleine Kersting Flynn, Dr. Tom Bridge, Dr Vanessa Peterson and Dr Jon Clarke.
Recommended for students in Years 4-10.