The Apprentice Programs are small, hands-on workshops in which scientists, technologists, and innovators educate curious minds on the workings and wonders of their chosen fields. Combining biology, chemistry and physics, biomedical science examines the genetic and environmental causes of disease, and explores prevention, diagnosis and treatment. Apprentices will have an opportunity to experiment at QIMR Berghofer, a world-leading medical research institute using plant extracts to test how effectively a natural product can kill bacteria.
– Capacity limit of 24 per session
– Participants must be aged 15 and over
– Covered footwear is essential.
– School and international study groups must be accompanied by a teacher*
* Basic scientific English language skills are essential
QIMR Berghofer Medical Research Institute, 300 Herston Road, Brisbane QLD 4006