Your innovative plan can be as simple as boosting our understanding of energy sustainability to finding cost-effective strategies to reduce energy consumption or creating completely new ways to produce power. Submit your pitch prior to the Festival and you may be picked to present your solution to Hannah in person! Entries will be judged by Dr Vanessa Peterson, Principal Research and Neutron Scattering Instrument Scientist leading the Energy Materials Research Project at ANSTO (Australian Nuclear Science and Technology Organisation).
At age 14, Hannah invented the Ocean Energy probe to provide a stable power source by using untapped energy from ocean currents. Hannah’s invention won the prestigious Discovery Education 3M Young Scientists Challenge.
Dr Vanessa Peterson
Vanessa is the Principal Research and Neutron Scattering Instrument Scientist leading the Energy Materials Research Project at ANSTO (Australian Nuclear Science and Technology Organisation). Dr Peterson will be judging the submissions for teams to take part in the final event on Thursday 23 March.
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR PITCH
1. Register your interest by Thursday 2nd February 2017 by emailing email@example.com
2. Watch Hannah Herbst come up with a practical idea for reducing the use of fossil fuels to produce energy, and submit your entry as an individual or as a team (of up to four students per team).
For example, the invention could target energy efficiency (how do we use less energy), renewable energy (natural resources that are naturally replenished such as sunlight and wind) or power efficiency (new technologies to improve how we generate power).
Watch on YouTube here. Footage courtesy of the Discovery Education 3M Young Scientsts Challenge and Hannah Herbst
3. To score extra points, outline what scientific methodologies or technical processes would be required to make your solutions happen.
4. Submit your pitch online by 24 February 2017. Fill in the online form here (approximately 500 words)
5. The most innovative entries will be picked to be presented to Hannah Herbst and Dr Vanessa Peterson during the festival.
The most innovative entries will be picked to be presented to Hannah Herbst during the Festival.
If you would like to be part of the audience but don’t want to submit a pitch, please register your interest in attending to email: firstname.lastname@example.org